I met her roughly 11 years 9 months ago . A classmate for four years . We were not friends as what I think high school friendship meant . We were basically classmates for three years . During the final year we somehow started talking more , mainly because of novels and the common subjects we took . Initially she struck me as a very fragile introvert who barely spoke . I used to imagine as little (miniature should be the right word maybe)as I was, she probably was the only other person I thought I would bully .
She was and still is fragile looking ( how looks deceive!) . There is one thing that stood out for her though , being calm/collective . Many guys in my class ; apart from the normal SUPER QUIET gang ( Scholastica and the friends 😉 ) , we were loud, very loud . It was a class full of ladies with strong personalities that then I thought was pride and maybe a show off and a dash of arrogance ( how I now value being in part of K stream and all the energy that came with it) . I used to wish that I could be that collected and I still wish I can because restlessness is kinda my 5th name . Maybe she is one of the friends I can write a book on . And of course she is a great cook ( You are one of the few guys served me fillet and wished I had a bigger stomach)
Joan Mero ( actually that tittle is her twitter and IG handle ), here are the few things I have learned from you
- I can actually shut up – Lol ! yes I am a chatterbox and loud, really loud. Yes you talk but only when asked to . I used to talk a lot and sometimes barely remember what I said ( this is still a lot of work in progress). This I learned by watching you in high school.
- To value friendship – For this you win. Of all my friends , I have never seen someone with such a big circle of friends but makes each one feel special . Dear, that is one gigantic heart you have .
- Work hard and smart – I am very proud of you . I get encouraged every time I see you grow out of sheer sweat ( though I need to know if you still sometimes cant hold laughter in interview rooms) . What makes me more proud is the hand holding you do even to strangers whether in your industry or not .That hand holding part is another work in progress but glad it gets easier every day
- My dreams for a flat stomach are valid . Yes they are . I try , fail , try , fail then I imagine you running and hiking and I wake up and try again
- This is not a lesson but a wish . In my next life , I wanna have your taste on music . Here is a confession from your TL stalker who basically tries to learn new chords every day however super very extremely I dont know what else, poor I am .
This , Jo, is to you for being a friend with a very great future . To a friendship without lies . To a no sugar coating friendship with just a little of ogling chaired by her majesty Tina ( please dont skin me until the next Ramadhan or at least we get a spot near the gym so that I can chair) . Here is to a better 2016 na sijui kama hii baby fever imekufikia , inakuja na ubaya . Love you gal and wish you Gods blessings in all you do and for the great love you have shown us and the sacrifice you have made for all us who call you a daughter,sister, friend, wife ( see ) , colleague etc, I pray that the verse below will be your portion; your cup shall overflow.
Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure,pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return.